Далия Сеглина (Dalija Seglina)
Dalija seglina is the member of board of directs in International Seabuckthn Association. Leading scientist, working in the Institute of Horticulture, Latvia University of Agriculture. Deputy director of the Institute of Horticulture, Latvia University of Agriculture.
Address: “Kalnēji”, Zebrenes distr., Dobele region, LV-373
Phone: +371 63722294, mob. +371 26482677
(Higher education, Master’s studies, doctoral studies. Educational Establishment, country:
2004 – 2007, Doctoral studies, Latvia University of Agriculture, Latvia
2000 – 2003, Master’s studies, Latvia University of Agriculture, Latvia
Doct, Engineer of Food science, 2007
Master, Engineer of Food Technology, 2003.
2008 - Present Latvia State Institute of Fruit-Growing, Latvia, (Leading scientist)
2004-2008 Latvia State Institute of Fruit-Growing, Latvia, (scientist)
1999-2004 Latvia State Institute of Fruit-Growing, Latvia, (research assistant)
Research areas are: 1) testing of the suitability of cultivars of various ways of processing, 2) development of new products and technologies, 3) evaluation of fruit and berry quality independence of stage regimes.
RESEARCH ACTIVITIES (last 5 years):
1. Latvian Council of Science, collabative research project “Scientific and technological developments f sustainable cultivation and comprehensive use of sea buckthn”(2014-2017) (head of project);
2. ERDF project No.2013/0059/2DP/188.8.131.52.0/13/APIA/VIAA/022 “Development of innovative fruit and berry processing technologies” (2014) (head of project).
3. ERDF project No.2010/0246/2DP/184.108.40.206.0/10/APIA/VIAA/159 „Use of sea buckthn vegetative parts f development of prophylactic products with high antioxidative effect” (2010-2012) (head of project).
4. National Research Programme No. 2010.10-4/VPP-5 “Sustainable Use of Local Resources (Entrails of the Earth, Fest, Food and Transpt) – New Products and Technologies (NatRes)” (2010-2014) (investigat);
5. ERDF project Nr.2010/0192/2DP/220.127.116.11.0/10/APIA/VIAA/007 „Promoting of the international recognisability and competitiveness of Latvian science” (2007-2013 (investigat).
6. EUREKA Nr. E! 6240 "Development of new products from plant material f health improvement and cosmetic" (2010-2012) (head of project);
7. Latvia–Lithuania cross bder cooperation programme Project „Development of a technology transfer centre f fruit production” (2010-2012) (investigat).
8. ERSF project No.2009/0228/1DP/18.104.22.168.0./09/APIA/VIAA/035 „Scientific capacity building in fruit-growing, festry and infmation technology sects, providing research on environmentally friendly growing strategies, product development and introduction aided by computer technologies” (2009-2012) (investigat).
˗ Patents Auth of 4 Latvian patents (Nr. LV 12779 B, Nr. LV 13468, Nr. LV 14735, Nr. LV 14129); Co auth of 4 Latvian patents (Nr. LV 14914, Nr. LV 14095, Nr. LV 14623, Nr. LV 14113)
NUMBER OF PUBLICATIONS: 75 (incl. scientific 52)
PUBLICATIONS IN REFEREED JOURNALS (last 4 years, imptant):
1. Górnaś, P., Šnē, E., Siger, A., Segliņa, D. (2015). Seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) vegetative parts as an unconventional source of lipophilic antioxidants. Saudi Journal of Biological Sciences. DOI:10.1016/j.sjbs.2015.05.015.
2. Górnaś, P., Mišina, I., Olšteine, A., Krasnova, I., Pugajeva, I., Lācis, G., Siger, A, Michalak, M., Soliven, A., Segliņa D. (2015). Phenolic compounds in different fruit parts of crab apple: Dihydrochalcones as promising quality markers of industrial apple pomace by-products. Industrial Crops and Products, 74, 607–612.
3. Górnaś, P., Šne, E., Siger, A., Segliņa, D. (2014). Seabuckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) leaves as valuable source of lipophilic antioxidants: The effect of harvest time, sex, drying and extraction methods. Industrial Crops and Products, 60, 1–7.
4. Makarova, E., Górnaś, P., Konrade, I., Tirzite, D., Cirule, H., Gulbe, A., Pugajeva, I., Seglina, D., Dambrova, M. (2014). Acute anti-hyperglycaemic effects of an unripe apple preparation containing phlizin in healthy volunteers: a preliminary study. Journal of the Science of Food and Agriculture, 95, 560–568.
5. Segliņa D., Olšteine A., Krasnova I., Juhņeviča K., Šnē E. (2013) Effect of spices on the seabuckthorn nectar quality properties. In Singh, V. (Ed.), Seabuckthorn (Hippophae L.): A Multipurpose Wonder Plant, Vol. IV: Emerging Trends in Research and Technologies”, Delhi: Daya Publishing House, pp. 507-517.
6. Šnē E., Segliņa D., Galoburda R., Krasnova I. (2013) Phenol content and antioxidant activity of the ethanolic and aqueous extracts from sea buckthorn (Hippophae rhamnoides L.) vegetative parts. Volume (IV) entitled “Seabuckthorn (Hippophae L.)-A Multipurpose Wonder Plant. Vol. IV: Emerging Trends in Research and Technologies”, Delhi: Daya Publishing House, pp. 442-453.
7. Paweł Górnas, Aleksander Siger, Karina Juhnevica, Gunars Lacis, Elga Šne and Dalija Seglina (2014). Cold-pressed Japanese quince (Chaenomeles japonica (Thunb.) Lindl. Ex Spach) seed oil as a rich source of α-tocopherol, carotenoids and phenolics: A comparison of the composition and antioxidant activity with nine other plant oils. European Journal of Lipid Science and Technology, DOI: 10.1002/ejlt.201300425.
8. Górnaś P., Siger A., Segliņa D. (2013). Physicochemical characteristics of the cold- pressed Japanese quince seed oil: New promising unconventional bio-oil from by- products f the pharmaceutical and cosmetic industry. Industrial Crops and Products, 48,178-182.
ACADEMIC AND SOCIAL SOCIETIES (MEMBERSHIP)
The Chairman of the Master’s and Bacalaur’s examination comission of Latvia University of Agriculture, Faculty of Food technology (from 2013).
The Member of the Promotion Council of Latvia University of Agriculture, Faculty of Food technology (from 2013).
The C. Member of the Latvian Academy of Sciences, (from 2012).
Expert of Division of Agriculture and Festry Sciences, Latvia Academy of Sciences(2009).
The Member of Scientific Council of Latvia Institute of Fruit-Growing (2006).